GENESEO, N.Y. - The SUNY Geneseo women's swimming & diving team earned its 11th-consecutive State University of New York Athletic Conference (SUNYAC) Championship, capping the win with a strong performance on Saturday that saw the Knights earn first-place finishes in six out of the seven events.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- On the final day of competition, junior Nancy Nasky led off with a SUNYAC record mark and first-place finish in the 1650 free, clocking in at 17:03.45. First-year Rachel Wallisky took third in the event, followed by senior Alida Mooney in fourth. Junior Sydney Ng took first place in the 200 back, edging second-place finisher first-year Lauren Siegel with a time of 2:03.93. First-year Deidra Osula took first in the 100 free, touching up at 52.82, while fellow first-year Noelle Staso grabbed first in the 200 breast (2:24.93). In the 400 free relay, Ng, Staso and Osula teamed with first-year Maddie Knight to take first with a time of 3:29.73. Sophomore Samantha Reichman capped the meet with a first-place finish and Geneseo record score of 500.35 in the three-meter dive.
- Friday, the SUNY Geneseo 200 medley relay team formed by senior Natalie LaCourt and first-years Noelle Staso, Celeste Pace and Deidra Osula tied a SUNYAC record on their way to a first-place finish, to highlight the Knights' third day of competition at the State University of New York Athletic Conference (SUNYAC) Championships on Friday at Erie Community College. The 200 medley relay team touched up in 1:46.10, tying a record set by the 2015 Geneseo relay team. Junior Sydney Ng led a stacked field in the 200 free with a first-place finish. Ng placed first with a time of 1:54.52, while junior Nancy Nasky took second, first-year Rachel Wallisky grabbed fifth and senior Kaitlin Doherty took eighth to cap a strong Geneseo showing in the event. Four Knights placed in the top six in the 400 IM, led by first-year Lauren Siegel, who turned in a first-place finish (4:33.97). The Knights have accumulated 668 team points over three days of competition, leading second-place New Paltz by over 300 points. Action will resume on Saturday with prelims beginning at 10:00 a.m. and finals to follow at 6:00 p.m.
- On day two, SUNY Geneseo senior Natalie LaCourt and first-year Noelle Staso each contributed to a pair of relay victories as the Knights earned wins in four out of six events on day two of the SUNYAC Championships on Thursday. Senior Kaitlin Doherty and first-year Deidra Osula joined LaCourt and Staso in the 200 free relay, earning a first-place finish with an NCAA B Standard of 1:35.14. In the 400 medley relay, LaCourt and Staso teamed with junior Sydney Ng and first-year Lauren Siegel to take first with a time of 3:54.44. Siegel also earned first in the 200 IM (2:06.31) while junior Nancy Nasky earned her third-straight SUNYAC Championship in the 500 free with a first-place time of 5:01.27. Three Knights finished in the top four in the one-meter dive, with sophomore Samantha Reichman taking second (440.50), first-year Alyssa Vadala (433.50) in third and senior Emily Reiter (415.55) grabbing second.
- On Wednesday, the SUNY Geneseo 800 free relay team, made up of senior Alida Mooney, juniors Sydney Ng and Nancy Nasky as well as first-year Rachel Wallisky, swam to a first-place finish to open the SUNYAC Championships for the Knights. The foursome clocked in at 7:41.44 to take the gold medal in the event.
- Geneseo has won 11-consecutive SUNYAC titles and 26 overall, including 15 under head coach Paul Dotterweich.
- Out of 20 events, the Knights finished first in 14 of them. Geneseo set a pair of SUNYAC records and one program record on their way to the conference title.
- Nasky was named Outstanding Swimmer of the Meet while Reichman earned Diver of the Meet honors. Head coach Paul Dotterweich was named SUNYAC Coach of the Year as well.
- The Knights finished the meet with 1010 points, nearly doubling second place New Paltz (528). Cortland (440), Oneonta (388) and Brockport (335) rounded out the top five.
Geneseo swimmers who qualify for the NCAA Division III Swimming & Diving Championships will travel to Indianapolis, Ind., beginning on Wednesday, March 21.
|Date||Event||Name||Seed Time||Prelims||Finals (Champions in Bold)|
|Feb. 21||800 Free Relay||Geneseo|
|Ng, Mooney, Nasky, Wallisky||1. 7:41.44|
|Feb. 22||200 Free Relay||Geneseo||1. 1:35.14 NCAA B-Cut|
|Staso, Doherty, LaCourt, Osula|
|500 Free||Alida Mooney||5:18.65||5:17.12||7. 5:20.10|
|Nancy Nasky||5:07.75||4:57.58||1. 5:01.27|
|Sydney Ng||5:08.66||5:08.74||2. 5:05.42|
|Rachel Wallisky||5:12.13||5:10.95||3. 5:05.90|
|200 IM||Julia Caldwell||2:13.02||2:13.33||9. 2:11.38|
|Olivia Hilt||2:16.76||2:16.22||12. 2:14.11|
|Natalie LaCourt||2:14.07||2:13.77||10. 2:11.59|
|Celeste Pace||2:12.63||2:09.88||3. 2:09.84|
|Nancy Shemet||2:13.03||2:10.92||6. 2:11.06|
|Lauren Siegel||2:09.19||2:07.62||1. 2:06.31|
|50 Free||Annabelle Anich||24.70||24.98||16. 25.45|
|Kaitlin Doherty||24.91||24.56||6. 24.47|
|Maddie Knight||24.83||24.76||8. 24.86|
|Deidra Osula||24.59||23.97||2. 24.09|
|Sunita Singh||25.36||25.17||13. 25.17|
|Noelle Staso||24.46||24.33||3. 24.11|
|1-Meter||Samantha Reichman||2. 440.50|
|Emily Reiter||4. 415.55|
|Alyssa Vadala||3. 433.50|
|400 Medley Relay||Geneseo||1. 3:54.44|
|LaCourt, Staso, Siegel, Ng|
|Feb. 23||200 Medley Relay||Geneseo||1. 1:46.10 SUNYAC Record|
|LaCourt, Staso, Pace, Osula|
|400 IM||Julia Caldwell||4:41.44||4:43.14||2. 4:36.98|
|Nancy Shemet||4:43.26||4:42.29||5. 4:40.60|
|Lauren Siegel||4:36.63||4:34.34||1. 4:33.97|
|Paige Turcotte||4:57.19||4:47.81||6. 4:42.82|
|100 Fly||Olivia Hilt||59.84||59.47||6. 58.91|
|Maddie Knight||1:00.69||59.87||9. 59.26|
|Deidra Osula||1:01.03||58.19||2. 57.89|
|Celeste Pace||58.59||57.93||3. 58.02|
|200 Free||Kaitlin Doherty||1:59.98||1:58.55||6. 1:57.48|
|Alida Mooney||2:01.80||1:59.90||11. 2:00.31|
|Nancy Nasky||1:57.60||1:54.62||2. 1:53.12|
|Sydney Ng||1:54.79||1:54.52||1. 1:52.73|
|Rachel Wallisky||1:58.31||1:58.31||4. 1:55.07|
|100 Breast||Annabelle Anich||1:10.76||1:09.12||5. 1:09.12|
|Noelle Staso||1:07.13||1:06.72||2. 1:07.27|
|Paige Turcotte||1:11.05||1:08.40||4. 1:08.40|
|100 Back||Natalie LaCourt||59.14||58.72||2. 58.33|
|Sunita Singh||1:01.56||1:01.60||6. 1:01.33|
|Feb. 24||1650 Free||Alida Mooney||10:56.29||4. 18:19.64|
|Nancy Nasky||10:43.20||1. 17:03.45 SUNYAC Record, NCAA B Cut|
|Rachel Wallisky||11:10.16||3. 17:55.50|
|200 Back||Natalie LaCourt||2:10.85||2:11.50||7. 2:11.52|
|Sydney Ng||2:05.79||2:04.62||1. 2:03.93|
|Lauren Siegel||2:07.89||2:05.80||2. 2:04.11|
|Sunita Singh||2:12.22||2:12.05||8. 2:13.85|
|100 Free||Annabelle Anich||54.63||54.64||10. 54.41|
|Kaitlin Doherty||55.20||54.32||8. 54.50|
|Maddie Knight||54.40||54.49||9. 53.87|
|Deidra Osula||54.22||53.27||1. 52.82|
|200 Breast||Julia Caldwell||2:32.38||2:29.30||5. 2:27.91|
|Celeste Pace||2:30.27||2:27.92||4. 2:26.55|
|Noelle Staso||2:27.93||2:26.64||1. 2:24.93|
|Paige Turcotte||2:29.23||2:27.59||3. 2:25.54|
|200 Fly||Olivia Hilt||2:17.54||2:17.75||6. 2:15.34|
|Nancy Shemet||2:14.09||2:13.02||4. 2:12.13|
|3-Meter||Samantha Reichman||1. 500.35 NCAA Standard, Geneseo Record|
|Emily Reiter||3. 459.65 NCAA Standard|
|Alyssa Vadala||6. 400.40|
|400 Free Relay||Geneseo||1. 3:29.73|
|Staso, Knight, Osula, Ng|