BUFFALO, N.Y. - SUNY Geneseo senior forward Domenica Piccoli scored a pair of goals as the 15th-ranked Knights rolled to a 3-0 victory over host Buffalo State on Saturday afternoon in State University of New York Athletic Conference (SUNYAC) play. With the victory, the Knights clinched a spot in the SUNYAC Tournament.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Knights struck early as sophomore forward Hannah Sullivan netted her team-leading ninth goal of the season, scoring off of a pass from sophomore midfielder Holly Moore in the fifth minute.
- Later in the first half, senior midfielder Grace Dunnigan beat a defender and gained the end line before passing across to Piccoli for a goal from six yards out, giving the Knights a 2-0 lead before halftime.
- Piccoli scored again in the second half, this time running down a through ball from Sullivan and finishing, to extend Geneseo's advantage to 3-0.
- Junior goalkeeper Julia McDonald made four saves to record her fifth shutout of the season.
- Piccoli notched her second multi-goal game of the season to bring her career scoring total to 27 goals, good for ninth all-time in program history.
- With three points, Sullivan reached 25 points on the year, becoming just the 26th Knight to reach the milestone in a single-season.
Geneseo (11-2-1, 5-0-1 SUNYAC) will host New Paltz on Friday, Oct. 18th at 3:00 p.m.