GENESEO, N.Y - Senior guard Sara Ciotti totaled a season-high 18 points but it was not enough as the Knights fell to the visiting State University of New York Athletic Conference (SUNYAC) foe Red Dragons, 67-64, in overtime Friday Night.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Knights started the game on an 8-0 run, and finished out the first quarter with a 17-12 advantage off a six-point performance performance by junior forward Kerrin Montgomery.
- The Red Dragons surged back in the second quarter outscoring the Knights, 16-12, but Geneseo held a one-point lead, 29-28, at the halftime break.
- Freshman guard Taylor Hansen netted two buckets in the third period maintaining the Knights' one-point lead going into the final quarter of regulation.
- Junior guard Lindsay Halpin tallied six of her 15 total points in the fourth quarter, but Cortland tied the game with five seconds remaining to force overtime.
- Halpin led all scorers in overtime with 5 points, but the Red Dragons hit a three-pointer with 27 seconds to go to take the lead for good.
- Halpin finished with 15 points while Montgomery scored nine and grabbed 14 rebounds.
- The Knights' loss marks Geneseo's first regular season conference loss at home since January 6th, 2016 against New Paltz.
- The Knights drop the conference opener for the first time since the 2014-15 season.
Geneseo looks to bounce back hosting Oswego tomorrow at 2:00 p.m.