GLASSBORO, N.J. – SUNY Geneseo senior Sean McAneny finished third out of 256 runners to lead the Knights to third place out of 29 teams at the Rowan Inter-Regional Border Battle, Saturday.
- McAney crossed the finish line with a time of 24:17.2, trailing the winner by just over 17 seconds.
- Senior Luke Holtzman finished ninth (24:31.1) followed by junior Matt Sayre (24:33.5) in 11th.
- Senior Lucas Sutton (24:57.3) and sophomore Riley Grossman (25:02.2) crossed 19th and 24th, respectively, to complete the Knights' top-five.
- First-year Ezra Ruggles placed 31st (25:07.2) before first-year Nick Andrews (25:09.4) ended up 32nd.
- Seventh-ranked Carnegie Mellon won the team competition with 51 points, followed by eighth-ranked Johns Hopkins (54), the fifth-ranked Knights (66), Haverford (194) and NYU (198) in the top-five.
GENESEO FINISHERS - ROWAN (8K)
3. Sean McAneny 24:17.2
9. Luke Holtzman 24:31.1
11. Matt Sayre 24:33.5
19. Lucas Sutton 24:57.3
24. Riley Grossman 25:02.2
31. Ezra Ruggles 25:07.2
32. Nick Andrews 25:09.4
33. Justin Hoelzl 25:09.5
52. Bradley Farnham 25:29.8
66. Kevin Seitz 25:43.2
BUFFALO, N.Y. - Geneseo also finished fourth out of 12 teams at the Canisius College Alumni Classic, Saturday.
TOP GENESEO FINISHERS - CANISIUS (8K)
26. Brendan Murphy 26:25.5
27. Eddie O'Brien-Curcie 26:26.4
28. Matthew Blauvelt 26:31.8
31. Logan Linares 26:37.5
32. Henry Goca 26:38.0
33. Benjamin Timmons 26:39.8
Geneseo heads to New Paltz in two weeks for the State University of New York Athletic Conference (SUNYAC) Championships on November 2nd. The men's race is slated to start at 10:45 a.m.