ROCHESTER, N.Y. – SUNY Geneseo first-year Nick Andrews finished third out of 229 runners to lead the Knights to a second-place finish out of 18 teams at the Yellowjacket Invitational, hosted by Rochester at Genesee Valley Park.
- Andrews covered the eight-kilometer course in 25:52.8, followed later by first-year Ezra Ruggles (26:13.5), who crossed eighth.
- First-year Henry Goca (26:47.9) placed 24th, followed by sophomores Matthew Blauvelt (26:52.5) in 26th and Liam Higgins (26:58.6) in 28th to complete the Knights' top-five.
- Sophomore Gabriel Stash (27:32.7) and first-year Zachary Gauronski (27:36.8) finished 54th and 58th, respectively to round out Geneseo's top-seven finishers.
- Division I Cornell won the meet with 46 points, besting the runner-up Knights with 89. Rochester placed third (96) followed by Brockport (120) and RIT (128) at the top of the team competition standings.
TOP GENESEO FINISHERS
3. Nick Andrews 25:52.8
8. Ezra Ruggles 26:13.5
24. Henry Goca 26:47.9
26. Matthew Blauvelt 26:52.5
28. Liam Higgins 26:58.6
54. Gabriel Stash 27:32.7
58. Zachary Gauronski 27:36.8
Geneseo competes at the Harry F. Anderson Invitational at Roberts Wesleyan next Saturday (Sept. 21) before hosting the Mike Woods Invitational (Sept. 28) at Letchworth State Park a week later. Racing is scheduled to start at 11:00 a.m. both days.