NORWOOD, N.Y. - SUNY Geneseo Isaac Garcia-Cassani won his third-straight individual crown to pace the Knights to their fourth-consecutive team title at the State University of New York Athletic Conference (SUNYAC) Championships, hosted by Potsdam.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Garcia-Cassani covered the 8-kilometer circuit with a time of 26:42.9, besting the rest of the 111-runner field by nearly 12 seconds.
- Senior Connor Pulvidente notched a third-place effort (27:00.1) for his third-straight top-15 finish after placing 10th and 11th the last two years, respectively.
- Senior Alexander Burks crossed the finish line fifth (27:10.4) after a ninth-place showing as a junior and a 13th-place effort as a first-year.
- Sophomore Sean McAneny finished ninth (27:25.8), moving up 10 spots from a season ago.
TOP GENESEO FINISHERS
1. Isaac Garcia-Cassani 26:42.9
3. Connor Pulvidente 27:00.1
5. Alexander Burks 27:10.4
9. Sean McAneny 27:25.8
11. Jack Tate 27:31.3
12. Justin Hoelzl 27:32.3
14. John Ripa 27:40.4
1. Geneseo 29
2. Oneonta 68
3. Oswego 97
4. Brockport 115
5. Cortland 144
6. Plattsburgh 150
7. Fredonia 158
8. New Paltz 239
9. Buffalo State 252
10. Potsdam 284
- Geneseo won its 16th championship in the 55-year history of the race, two more than any other team in the league.
- The title was also the Knights' eighth in the last nine seasons.
- Garcia-Cassani is only the fourth three-time SUNYAC individual champion and the first since Geneseo's Lee Berube '12 accomplished the feat (2009-11).
Geneseo will travel to Houghton for the NCAA Atlantic Regionals on Saturday, Nov. 11.