GENESEO, N.Y. - The SUNY Geneseo men's soccer team dropped its match on Satuday falling, 2-0, to State University of New York Athletic Conference (SUNYAC) rival Buffalo State at College Stadium.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Geneseo and Buffalo State each generated five first half shots, but the Bengals broke through with a goal in the 24th minute, coverting off of a corner kick to take a 1-0 lead.
- In the second half, sophomore forward James Perrone beat a man on the right flank and placed a perfect centering pass to sophomore forward Ariel Samoohy, but Samoohy's shot from the 12-yard marker slid just outside the far post.
- Later in the period, Buffalo State added a goal to extend their lead and held on in the final minutes for a 2-0 victory.
- First-year goalkeeper Will Price made five saves.
- The Knights recorded eight shots and had one corner kick while Buffalo State tallied 11 shots and three corner kicks.
Geneseo will travel to New Paltz for another conference tilt on Friday, Oct. 18 with kickoff at 3:00 p.m.