GENESEO, N.Y. - The SUNY Geneseo men's soccer team played to a scoreless draw against State University of New York Athletic Conference (SUNYAC) rival Fredonia, 0-0, on Friday afternoon at College Stadium.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Fredonia outshot the Knights, 6-3, in the first half but each team placed just one shot on goal as the two squad went into the halftime break locked at 0-0.
- Geneseo's best chance on goal came in the 78th minute when sophomore forward Ariel Samoohy lifted a long ball over the top to sophomore forward James Perrone on the back post. Perrone fired a shot to the right post, but the Fredonia goalkeeper turned it away.
- The Knights only chance in overtime came when senior back Caleb Murthy connected with a free kick from junior Marco LaRocca, but it was saved as well.
- First-year goalkeeper Will Price earned his third shutout of the season with a two-save effort in goal.
- The game included 45 fouls and six yellow cards.
Geneseo will host Buffalo State on Saturday at 1:00 p.m.