OSWEGO, N.Y. - The SUNY Geneseo men's soccer team dropped its conference opener, falling, 2-0, at State University of New York Athletic Conference rival Oswego on Friday afternoon.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Senior forward Bryan Wager generated an early chance for the Knights but his shot was turned away by the Oswego keeper in the seventh minute.
- Oswego broke the scoreless tie with a goal in the final seconds of the first half to take a 1-0 lead into the break.
- In the second half, first-year forward Owen Frank ripped a shot on goal but his attempt was saved as well.
- The Lakers added a goal in the 73rd minute to extend their lead to 2-0.
- Oswego outshot Geneseo, 10-5, while each team earned three corner kicks.
- First-year goalkeeper Will Price made one save as the Knights defense limited the Lakers to just three shots on goal.
Geneseo (4-4-0, 0-1-0) will travel to Cortland for another SUNYAC bout on Saturday afternoon.