Posted: Sep 17, 2019
ROCHESTER, N.Y. - The SUNY Geneseo men's soccer team fell in overtime to Rochester, 1-0, on Tuesday night at Edwin Fauver Stadium.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Knights and YellowJackets played an even first half as both teams tallied four shots and Geneseo registered the only corner kick of the period.
- In the second half, first-year midfielder Liam Mulderig nearly put the Knights on the board, but his low shot was parried away by the goalkeeper to keep the score level.
- Rochester struck the game-winning goal with 1:20 remaining in the second overtime period to earn the 1-0 win.
- The Knights dropped their first overtime game of the season. Geneseo went 2-1-4 in overtime games last season and has lost just three of its last 13 overtime contests.
- First-year goalkeeper Will Price finished with a pair of saves.
- Sophomore forward James Perrone and Mulderig recorded the Knights' only shots on goal.
Geneseo (4-2-0) hosts RPI on Saturday at 3:30 p.m.