GENESEO, N.Y. - SUNY Geneseo senior forward Bryan Wager netted the game's lone goal as the Knights earned a 1-0 victory over St. John Fisher to open the season on Friday night at College Stadium.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Knights pressured the Cardinals from the opening kick, outshooting the visitors, 10-3, in the first half.
- First-year midfielder Wade Thompson gave the Knights a scoring chance in the 42nd minute, but his shot from 20 yards out was turned away.
- In the 53rd minute, first-year midfielder Justin Arilotta earned a corner kick for Geneseo. Junior midfielder Marco LaRocca sent a lofted ball to the back post where Wager rose and headed it across the goal face and into the side netting, putting the home team up, 1-0.
- First-year goalkeeper Will Price made two saves to record a shutout in his collegiate debut.
- Geneseo outshot St. John Fisher, 21-6 and earned five corners while yielding just one to the visitors.
- Wager has scored in each of his last two games against the Cardinals, also netting a goal against in a road 4-0 win last season.
Geneseo travels to Penn State Berks for a non-conference bout on Wednesday, Sept. 4