GENESEO, N.Y. - SUNY Geneseo falls to Plattsburgh, 1-0, in their final State University of New York Athletic Conference (SUNYAC) game, Saturday from College Stadium.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Cardinals (10-6-1, 4-4-1 SUNYAC) opened the scoring in the 36th minute when senior forward Nicholas Laurent tapped in a cross from sophomore forward Sean Cray from inside the six-yard box.
- The Knights best scoring opportunity was in the 85th minute when senior midfielder Reidis Lata hit a half-volley from nearly 25 yards out that curled just over the crossbar.
- Geneseo continued to press forward in the final minutes but could not find an equalizer, falling to the Cardinals in both teams' final conference game of the regular season.
- Sophomore goalkeeper Dillon Mead recorded six saves.
- Geneseo (7-7-2, 3-5-1 SUNYAC) outshot Plattsburgh 12-11, including a 9-5 advantage in the second half.
- The contest marks the fifth time this season the Knights have been held scoreless.
Geneseo faces off against St. John Fisher on Wednesday (Oct. 25) at 7 PM at College Stadium in the final game of the regular season.