OSWEGO, N.Y. - SUNY Geneseo senior midfielder Nick Keneally and senior forward Joey Vucic scored within nearly two minutes to help the Knights to a comeback win over Oswego, 2-1, in State University of New York Athletic Conference (SUNYAC) action Saturday.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Lakers opened the scoring in the 28th minute when Jason Siracuse slotted a goal on an assist from Connor Lunduski.
- Geneseo (7-5-2, 3-3-1 SUNYAC) tied the score in the 71st minute when Keneally headed a rebound off the post and in.
- Vucic put the Knights in front two minutes later with a volley into the top-right corner of the net.
- Geneseo outshot Oswego (6-8-1, 1-7-0 SUNYAC) 28-7, including a 13-2 advantage in shots on goal.
- Sophomore goalkeeper Dillon Medd made one save to record the win in net for the Knights.
- This win marks Geneseo's fourth conference of the season, tying their tally from last year with four SUNYAC games left to play.
The Knights return to action on Friday (Oct. 20) as they host Potsdam in SUNYAC competition at 3 p.m.