GENESEO, N.Y. - SUNY Geneseo senior forward Joey Vucic scored the lone goal in the 102nd minute as the Knights earned a double-overtime victory over Nazareth, 1-0, on Tuesday night at College Stadium
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Geneseo controlled the pace of play for most of the game, limiting the Golden Flyers to just four shots and one shot on goal.
- During the regulation period, the Knights compiled 18 shots, including nine on goal, and five corner kicks, but could not find the net.
- In the second overtime period, senior midfielder Nick Keneally played a cross to junior back Connor Ross on the right flank. Ross played the ball to the back post where Vucic finished with a shot to the top corner of the far post, giving Geneseo the golden goal win.
- The Knights (6-4-1) have played four overtime games this season, posting a 2-1-1 record in those contests, including a 2-0-1 record at home.
- Vucic netted his fourth goal of the season and his second game-winner of the season. He leads Geneseo in both categories.
- The Knights have posted two consecutive shutouts for the first time since last season, when they held RIT and Brockport scoreless in back-to-back games.
Geneseo will play host to Brockport on Saturday, Oct. 7 at 1:00 p.m.