GENESEO, N.Y. - SUNY Geneseo sophomore goalkeeper Dillon Medd tallied a season-high nine saves as the Knights fell to visiting Buffalo State, 1-0, in both teams' State University of New York Athletic Conference (SUNYAC) opener Friday at College Stadium
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The lone goal of the match was scored in the 15th minute as sophomore forward Maissa Dieye finished with a volley off a header by senior midfielder Barak Benyehuda.
- Geneseo's (3-3-1, 0-1-0) best scoring chance came in the 90th minute when a series of deflections saw the ball fall to Medd who had pushed forward in for the final seconds, but his shot was saved by Bengals' goalkeeper.
- Medd's nine saves mark a season-high, his most since a 14-save effort against Cortland (Oct. 14, 2016)
- Buffalo State (6-1-0, 1-0-0) outshot Geneseo, 20-11, and led in shots on goal by a margin of 10-1
- The Knights earned nine corner kicks, while holding the Bengals to just three.
The Knights returns to action Saturday (Sept. 23) when they battle Fredonia at 1 p.m.