Posted: Feb 22, 2020
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Helmuth got the scoring started early at the 6:11 mark. The goal was assisted by sophomore forward Henry Cleghorn and senior defenseman Cam Russell.
- Less than a minute later, the Knights doubled their lead with a goal from sophomore defenseman Chris Perna. Sophomore defenseman Matthew Doron provided the assist.
- At 13:24, Gilmour scored on the powerplay from senior forwards Conlan Keenan and Andrew Romano.
- With :26 left in the first period, Gilmour struck again on the powerplay, this time from only Romano to lead 4-0 at the first intermission.
- After Brockport scored early in the second, junior forward Carson Kelley scored four minutes later to get the lead back to four. Junior forward Devin Brink provided the assist.
- Geneseo increased their lead to five goals after Helmuth scored his second of the game at the 17:47 mark. Cleghorn and junior forward Levi Wunder were credited with the assists. Geneseo led 6-2 heading into the third.
- Romano extended his career-long point streak to 15 games with his assist in the first period.
- Gilmour recorded the first multi-goal game of his career.
- Helmuth doubled his goal total for the season with his two goals tonight.
- Junior goalie Aaron Mackay made 12 saves on 16 shots.
- Geneseo earned their 20th win of the season for the third-consecutive season.
Geneseo will host a SUNYAC semi-final game on Saturday Feb. 29th at 7 p.m.