GENESEO, N.Y. - SUNY Geneseo junior goalkeeper Aaron Mackay finished with 18 saves and earned his first collegiate shutout as the Knights topped State University of New York Athletic Conference (SUNYAC) foe Buffalo State, 4-0, at Ira S. Wilson Arena on Friday night.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The two teams played a closely contested first period until junior forward Dan Bosio flicked a backhanded goal into the net for a 1-0 lead on the power play at the 17:19 mark.
- First-year forward Bryan Zurowski jumped on a loose puck in front of the net with 9:00 to play and buried a goal to give the Knights a 2-0 lead.
- Geneseo quickly extended their lead to 3-0 just 0:43 into the third period as senior forward Andrew Romano thread a pass across the crease to find first-year forward Tyson Gilmour for a goal.
- Sophomore defenseman Matthew Doran rounded out the scoring with a power play goal late in the game, making the final score 4-0.
- Geneseo secured their third shutout victory of the season. holding the Bengals to just 18 shots on goal.
- Romano has now scored a point in 13-straight games.
- The Knights scored three goals on the power play, marking the 11th time they have scored multiple power play goals in a game.
Geneseo (18-3-2, 11-1-2 SUNYAC) travels to Fredonia for their penultimate regular season contest on Saturday at 7:00 p.m.