GENESEO, N.Y. - SUNY Geneseo junior forward Carson Kelley scored his first career hat trick, including the game-winner, to give the Knights a 4-2 victory over visiting Potsdam on Friday night at Ira S. Wilson Arena.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Kelley calmly put back a rebound off of a Dan Bosio long shot to open the scoring and give the Knights the lead midway through the first period.
- A flurry of shots from senior forwards Andrew Romano and Conlan Keenan created chaos in front of the Potsdam goal allowing Miller to capitalize on the opportunity, extending the Knights lead to 2-0 in the second period.
- The Bears responded with back-to-back goals over a five-minute span in the second period, tying the game up at 2-2 before the second intermission.
- In the third period, junior forward Devin Brink assisted Kelley for a finish into the bottom right corner putting the Knights back into the lead, 3-2.
- Kelley completed his hat trick, scoring an empty-net goal from long distance to close out the game for the Knights, 4-2.
- Scoring three goals on the night, Carson Kelley recorded his first career hat-trick while Brink and Bosio each finished with a pair of assists.
- The last hat-trick for the Knights was notched by senior forward Tyson Empey on November 16th as the Knights took down Oswego 9-1.
- Junior goalkeeper Aaron Mackay finished with 20 saves to earn his team-high eighth win of the season.
Geneseo hosts Plattsburgh in another SUNYAC battle on Saturday night at 7:00 p.m.