GENESEO, N.Y. - SUNY Geneseo senior forwards Conlan Keenan and Andrew Romano each scored two goals and handed out a pair of assists as the third-ranked Knights defeating visiting King's, 11-0, on Friday night at Ira S. Wilson Arena.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Knights took the lead just 18 seconds into the game when Keenan found Romano on a slick back pass into the right slot to make it 1-0.
- Senior defenseman Cam Russell added his first goal of the season, a power-play tally with 11:15 remaining in the period, to extend the lead.
- Sophomore forward Brendan Miller, Keenan and Empey each scored before the end of the first period as the Knights skated to a 5-0 lead at the first intermission.
- Sophomore forward Ryan Burnett and junior forward Gordon Helmuth, Keenan and Romano each scored in the second period to make it 9-0 entering the second break.
- In the third period, senior forward David Szmyd added a tally and Helmuth converted a power-play goal as the Knights rolled to an 11-0 victory.
- The Knights finished a perfect 2-for-2 on power-play opportunities, scoring their 27th and 28th power play goals of the season, the most in the country.
- First-year goaltender Matt Petizian made 11 saves to pick up the win while first-year goaltender Christian Roth saw his first collegiate action, making two saves in the final 10 minutes to preserve the shutout.
- Geneseo scored 11 goals for the first time since Nov. 4, 2016, an 11-2 victory over Cortland.
- The Knights are now 2-0 against King's, outscoring the Monarchs, 21-0, in the two meetings.
The Knights (9-2-1, 5-1-1 SUNYAC) will face Neumann on Saturday afternoon at 4:00 p.m.