GENESEO, N.Y. – SUNY Geneseo senior forward Andrew Romano was one of three players with a goal and an assist to lead the No. 4 Knights to a 4-1 victory over visiting Nazareth, Tuesday.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Nazareth got on the board 18 seconds into the first period. Junior forward Mateo Capriotti took a loose puck off the boards behind the Geneseo net and slipped a pass in front of the right post to sophomore forward Mitch Oliver for a short tap-in.
- Geneseo drew even with 13:22 left in the second. Senior defenseman Teddy McCabe cleared the Knights' zone to junior forward Andrew Hart at center ice. Hart sprung sophomore forward Brendan Miller on the left wing, who skated on goal for a wrist shot into the top-right corner of the Nazareth net.
- The Knights took the lead with 4:29 on the second-period clock. Miller took a loose puck behind the Nazareth net and sent a pass to sophomore forward Henry Cleghorn for a point-blank one-timer in front.
- Geneseo beat the second-period buzzer with 1.3 on the clock. Sophomore defenseman Chris Perna took a feed from sophomore defender Matthew Doran at the top of the Golden Flyer zone and sent a shot on goal. Romano pirouetted in front of the left post to re-direct the puck out of the air and into the net for a 3-1 Knights lead heading into the third period.
- Sophomore defender Matt Doran put the Knights up, 4-1, with 15:54 left in regulation, one-timing a pass from senior forward Tyson Empey through a crowd in front of the Nazareth crease.
- Geneseo finished the game with a 45-23 shot advantage.
- Junior Aaron Mackay made 22 saves, including 10 in the third period, for his second victory of the season.
Geneseo hosts Canton on Saturday (Nov. 9) at 7:00 p.m.