MORRISVILLE, N.Y. – SUNY Geneseo first-year forward Dan Bosio notched two goals in a 31-second span of the second period to push the No. 6/7 Knights to a 451 victory at Morrisville, Saturday, in State University of New York Athletic Conference (SUNYAC) men's ice hockey action.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Knights (7-1-0, 5-1-0 SUNYAC) got on the board just over a minute of the game after junior forward Anthony Marra stuffed a pass from sophomore forward David Szmyd inside the right post to finish a rush on the Mustang net for the lone goal of the first period.
- With 5:48 on the second period clock, Bosio cleaned up a rebound with a shot inside the left post for his first tally, before tipping another rebound into the back of the net half a minute later to put the visitors up, 3-0.
- Sophomore forward Conlan Keenan notched a power-play tally on a wrist shot from the left wing seven minutes into the second period before Morrisville (1-5-2, 1-5-0 SUNYAC) answered 37 seconds later to make it a 4-1 game that lasted into the third period.
- Senior defenseman Pat Condon ripped a slap shot from the top of the Morrisville zone inside the right post with 3:55 left in regulation to close the scoring.
- Geneseo finished the game with a 40-23 advantage in shots.
- Junior goaltender Devin McDonald improved to 6-1 on the season after notching 22 saves.
- The Knights completed the two-game sweep of the host Mustangs after also notching an identical 5-1 score on Friday night as well.
Geneseo closes its three-game road trip next Saturday (Nov. 25) with a 4:00 p.m. face-off at Elmira.