GENESEO, N.Y - SUNY Geneseo junior guard Quinn Carey tallied a season-high 24 points, including a 7-for-11 shooting performance behind the arc, to lead the Knights to an 89-63 victory over Morrisville on Tuesday night at Schrader Gymnasium.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Geneseo (2-1) used a 9-0 run with four points from junior guard Zack Panebianco and five from Carey to take a 20-11 lead, forcing a Morrisville (1-2) timeout with 10:02 left in the first half.
- Mustang sophomore forward Kevin Dennis scored eight consecutive points to bring the Mustangs within one, but the Knights rattled off six straight free throws to extend the lead to 26-19.
- Geneseo ended the half on an 11-4 run to take a 40-30 lead into the halftime break.
- In the second half, Geneseo pushed its lead to 15 points when Carey hit back-to-back threes and finished a four-point play to cap a 9-0 run, making it 57-42 with 14:37 to play.
- The Knights pulled away late in the game, using a 12-0 run to take a 29-point lead, 84-55, with 4:54 remaining.
- The Knights held Morrisville to a season low three-point percentage (23.5%), keeping the Mustangs to 4-for-17 from beyond the arc.
- Geneseo outscored the Mustangs 49-33 in the second half while shooting 16-for-30 from the floor and 8-for-15 from three.
- Sophomore forward Tommy Eastman recorded his first double-double of the season with 12 points and 10 rebounds, while Panebianco finished with 16 points.
The Knights will travel to Alfred on Tuesday, Nov. 28 for a non-conference contest with tip-off scheduled for 7:00 p.m.