GENESEO, N.Y. – SUNY Geneseo midfielder Jordan Penkitis notched two goals and an assist to lead the Knights to a 3-2 victory over visiting Rochester in field hockey play at College Stadium, Saturday afternoon.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Penkitis opened the scoring in the fourth minute of play with a backhanded shot that beat the Rochester goalkeeper from close range.
- Rochester drew even in the first minute of the second quarter on a short rebound by Catherine Hauser.
- Less than five minutes later, senior defender Julia Kim scored on a three-yard shot off a pass from Penkitis during a penalty corner as the teams finished the first half tied, 2-2.
- Penkitis scored the lone goal of the second half. She stole a ball off a Rochester defender's stick and scored from close range after a 25-yard run on net.
- Geneseo won its 14th-straight game while finishing the regular season with an 8-0 home record.
- Sophomore goalie Natalie Chojnacki contributed four saves for the Knights.
- Junior forward Haley Clark assisted the Knights' first goal for her SUNYAC-leading 36th point of the fall.
Geneseo hosts Oneonta this Wednesday (Nov. 6) at 4:00 p.m. in the semifinals of the State University of New York Athletic Conference tournament.