GENESEO, N.Y. - SUNY Geneseo junior midfielder Jordan Penkitis notched her first career hat-trick to lead the Knights to a 5-0 victory over visiting Keuka, Wednesday afternoon at College Stadium. Geneseo (11-2) won its eigth-straight game and for the 10th time in its last 11 outings.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Junior forward Haley Clark buried a rebound from six yards out to put the Knights ahead, 1-0, in the sixth minute
- Later in the first quarter, Penkitis stole a pass and drove toward goal before firing a shot past the Keuka keeper to extend the lead to 2-0.
- Clark scored her second goal of the game, burying a shot from the right side, near post, during a penalty corner.
- Later in the third quarter, Penkitis scored on a rocket from just inside the top of the 16-yard arc in the 43rd minute.
- Pentkitis scored on another hard shot from the top of the circle with under four minutes left in regulation to close the victory.
- Geneseo tied the second-longest winning streak in program history. The 2016 squad also won eight-straight matches while the 2010 squad won a record 17 times in a row.
- Clark recorded her second multi-goal game of the season and has now scored seven goals in her last five games. She leads the State University of New York Athletic Conference (SUNYAC) with 10 goals.
- Penkitis tallied her first-career multi-goal game while senior back Julia Kim and senior midfielder Elisa Arcara each recorded an assist.
Geneseo travels to New Paltz on Saturday (Oct. 12) for a 12:00 p.m. start with the defending SUNYAC Champion Hawks.