GENESEO, N.Y. - The SUNY Geneseo field hockey team defeated visiting Wells, 12-0, Wendnesday night.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Junior forward Haley Clark scored 27 seconds into the match as Geneseo opened a 7-0 lead after the first quarter. First-year forward Cara O'Shea notched back-to-back tallies in a 57-second stretch for a 4-0 lead before first-year forward Olivia Vinciguerra notched her first two collegiate goals during a two-minute stretch to close the quarter.
- Sophomore forward Liz Burke scored 11 minutes into the second period before sophomore defender Grace Maley scored her first collegiate goal to push the Knights to a 9-0 lead that lasted into the third quarter.
- First-year forward Julia Brzezicki notched her first collegiate goal 2:11 into the second half and scored again 1:22 later for an 11-0 Geneseo edge.
- First-year forward Isabella Vinciguerra tallied her first collegiate goal 1:12 later for the final tally of the match.
- Isabella Vinciguerra also assisted her twin sister Olivia's first goal during the first quarter.
- Geneseo won for the sixth time in its last seven outings while earning its fourth-consecutive victory.
Geneseo opens State University of New York Athletic Conference play this Saturday (Sept. 28) hosting Morrisville at 4:00 p.m.