PITTSFORD, N.Y. – SUNY Geneseo first-year forward Maggie Phipps notched a goal and an assist in the Knights' 3-1 win at Nazareth, Wednesday.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Senior forward Erin Nolan converted a Phipps assist to put the Knights on the board with 8:16 left in the second quarter.
- Junior forward Haley Clark notched an unassisted tally with 1:11 left in the third quarter to push the Knights to a 2-0 lead entering the fourth quarter.
- Nazareth got on the board 50 seconds into the final period, but Phipps tacked on an unassisted tally with 6:51 left in regulation to put the game out of reach.
- Geneseo finished the game with a 28-7 advantage in shots.
- The Knights earned a 15-4 advantage in penalty corners.
- Sophomore goalie Natalie Chojnacki stopped four shots to improve to 5-2 this fall.
Geneseo hosts Ithaca at 6:30 p.m. on Saturday (Sept. 21) to kick off three-consecutive home games.