CORTLAND, N.Y. - SUNY Geneseo senior forward Joey Vucic netted a goal to put the Knights ahead, but State University of New York Athletic Conference (SUNYAC) foe Cortland scored twice late in the first half to take the 2-1 victory at Jets Stadium on Friday.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Sophomore forward Bryan Wager passed to Vucic who struck the ball from nearly 35 yards out and found the right side of the net, putting Geneseo ahead, 1-0, in the fifth minute.
- Cortland netted an equalizer in the 37th minute to tie the game at 1-1 and scored again in the final seconds of the first half to take a 2-1 lead.
- Vucic notched the Knights' only shot on goal in the second half, but was turned away by the Cortland goalkeeper as the Knights dropped the result.
- Vucic netted his fifth goal of the season while Wager earned his first assist of the year.
- Sophomore goalkeeper Dillon Medd made five saves as the Knights allowed a score for the first time in four games.
- Cortland outshot Geneseo 21-9, and held an advantage in corner kicks, 12-4.
The Knights will travel to Oswego on Saturday for another conference battle against the Lakers on Saturday.